These apple scones are super easy and perfect for a quick morning or afternoon tea. Slather them with some yummy butter and you’ve got some ‘sometimes food’ right there!
2 1/2 cups Self Raising Flour
4 Tbs Soft Butter
1 Tbs Sugar
3/4 cup stewed apple (I used tinned apples)
1/2-3/4 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C – hot oven!
- In a bowl, rub the soft butter into your flour with clean fingers.
- Mix in the sugar and then gently add the stewed apple.
- Add the water in small amounts until you form a dough.
- Plonk the dough onto a tray covered in baking paper.
- Spread the dough out into a rough oval shape and score the squares.
- Bake in the hot oven for 12-15 minutes – until they are browning and cooked through.
- Enjoy with some butter.