These muffins are lower in wheat flower & are lunch-box friendly. I have made batch after batch of these & they freeze really well, and they keep getting eaten by the family.
1 cup buckwheat flour
1 cup wholemeal SR flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 Tbs Cinnamon
1/2 cup raw sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 grated apple (or 1 cup stewed apple)
1/3 cup natural yoghurt
1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees & grease your muffin tins
2. Sift flours, baking powder & cinnamon into a large bowl. Add salt & mix well.
3. Mix all your wet ingredients, including apple, into a jug and add to the dry ingredients.
4. Mix until combined, but don’t over mix or your muffins will be Little Rock cakes.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes – or until skewer inserted comes out clean.